Walking the Talk Blog

Archetype in focus: the People-First culture

[fa icon="calendar'] 11-Feb-2016 15:20:49 / by Carolyn Taylor posted in Culture Archetypes, 6 Culture Archetypes, Diversity, empowerment, People-First, Safety Culture

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

Through our 25 years of experience, we’ve observed that most current and desired cultures can be described by one or more of six cultural archetypes. This article focuses on the People-First Culture. Some other words for People-First? Empowerment, development, safety, care, relationships, and fun.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

Learn to say "no" - your culture will thank you for it

[fa icon="calendar'] 12-Jan-2016 19:56:49 / by Jerome Parisse-Brassens posted in 6 Culture Archetypes, Accountability, Communication, one-team, People-First

Are you one of those people who are reluctant to say “no”?

I was recently discussing with a friend some of the changes that we have both seen in the workplace in the last 20 years. One of them was the mobile phone. I can still remember when fixed lines were the only way to contact clients. And it was fairly easy: I never used to struggle to talk to my clients over the phone – I sometimes had to leave a message but they would call back or I would call them back later myself.

Come for the food, stay for the Purpose – What makes a company Glassdoor great?

[fa icon="calendar'] 15-Dec-2015 23:58:22 / by Amanda Fajak posted in 6 Culture Archetypes, Glassdoor Best Places to Work

[fa icon="comment"] 1 Comment

Each year our Director Europe, Amanda Fajak, dives into Glassdoor’s Employees Choice Awards list and retrieves the common culture pearls and themes.

This year she saw a new pattern emerging, and it wasn't just the free lunches. So what are the qualities of a great place to work? And what makes a company Glassdoor great?

Revised edition of ‘Walking the Talk: Building a Culture for Success’

[fa icon="calendar'] 15-Sep-2015 19:13:29 / by Walking the Talk posted in Walking the Talk: Building a Culture for Success, Carolyn Taylor book, 6 Culture Archetypes, Culture Tipping Point, leading culture

3 habits of highly innovative people

[fa icon="calendar'] 25-Aug-2015 20:28:27 / by Amanda Fajak posted in 6 Culture Archetypes, innovation, Innovation

I find it fascinating the number of people who equate creativity with artistry, and in turn, creativity with innovation. In my years working with individuals and organisations on culture, I’ve witnessed an interesting logic pattern. 

Subscribe to Email Updates

Lists by Topic

see all

Posts by Topic

see all